Duration: 2 days
Cost: £In-house prices vary - call 020 7978 1516 for details
- This course is also available in-house, click here to find out more.
- Please contact us if you'd like to discuss your training requirements with our team, or would like more information
You might also be interested in these programmes:
Free programme related download:
Need a tailored solution?
Emerging Managers Programme
27-28 September 2016 hosted by MyKindaFuture - this programme is now fully
The essential management toolkit for new managers
This programme is also available as a 3-day in-house version. Contact us to discuss how we can tailor it to your needs.
Over the last 15 years =mc's Emerging Managers Programme has helped more than 1,000 new managers or soon-to-be managers make the transition
from team member to team leader. As part of this process they have been able to benefit from learning to use the latest tools and techniques to manage
themselves and their team.
The programme is based on =mc’s research into the needs and concerns of newer managers and is specially designed to give them a safe opportunity
to try out new skills and approaches, while also providing them with detailed feedback and the opportunity for self-reflection. Over two busy days
we focus on your responsibility for achieving results, equipping you to build – and work through –successful teams and resolve challenges. You have
the opportunity to take part in live exercises and receive feedback from fellow participants, enabling you to grow in confidence and build core skills.
Who is the programme for?
This programme is designed for individuals who have recently been promoted or who are about to be promoted and are now responsible for managing colleagues
or teams. It is the ideal development opportunity for managers or potential managers that an organisation has identified for fast track.
"Since the course I find I delegate more strategically. I think about the longer term impact of what I’m asking a colleague to take on."
Matt Guy, Corporate Partnership Manager, Alzheimer's Society
Outcomes for you and your organisation
After two days working in small group setting led by a skilled =mc consultant you will be able to:
- understand your own management style preference – and learn to access other styles
- manage individual performance with effective feedback
- effectively and assertively address performance challenges
- set priorities and monitor results
- know when and how to delegate effectively at the appropriate level of authority
This highly participative programme covers a wide range of topics with high-level trainer input. It combines:
- theory input, individual reflection and development planning
- opportunities to focus on real work challenges in small groups
- opportunities to work in coaching pairs to share peer experience
- action based learning activities to put key skills into practice