3rd - 5th November 2015
Duration: 3 days
Venue: London (or in-house)
Cost: £780 (including VAT) (in-house prices vary, call for info)
- This course is also available in-house, click here to find out more.
- Please contact us if you'd like to discuss your training requirements with our team, or would like more information
You might also be interested in these programmes:
Free programme related download:
Need a tailored solution?
Emerging Managers Programme
The essential management toolkit for new managers
Over the last 15 years =mc's Emerging Managers Programme has helped more than 1,000 new managers or soon-to-be managers make the transition from team member to team leader. As part of this process they have been able to benefit from learning to use the latest tools and techniques to manage themselves and their team.
The programme is based on =mc’s research into the needs and concerns of newer managers and is specially designed to give them a safe opportunity to try out new skills and approaches, while also providing them with detailed feedback and the opportunity for self-reflection. You’ll access the latest ideas in managing yourself and your team to gain outstanding results. By attending you’ll grow in confidence with a greater understanding of how to adapt your management style as necessary, resolve management challenges with practical solutions and increase your chances of promotion and by being ready to step up to new opportunities
Who is the programme for?
This programme is designed for individuals who have recently been promoted or who are about to be promoted and are now responsible for managing colleagues or teams. It is the ideal development opportunity for managers or potential managers that an organisation has identified for fast track.
"Really useful, practical tools that I look forward to putting in to practice. Understanding someone’s development needs and therefore how to support and lead them will have a great impact on my managerial style."
Helen Eddleston, Individual Marketing Function Manager (Legacies), Macmillan
Outcomes for you and your organisation
After three days working in small group setting led by a skilled =mc consultant you will be able to:
- understand your own management style preference – and learn to access other styles
- use enhanced communication skills to get your case across and make an impact
- manage team and individual performance using feedback management skills
- effectively and assertively address performance challenges
- set priorities within a team and monitor results
- know when and how to delegate effectively at the appropriate level of authority
- deliver time management and key priority-handling techniques
This highly participative programme covers a wide range of topics with high-level trainer input. It combines:
- theory input, individual reflection and development planning
- extensive opportunities to focus on real work challenges in small groups
- opportunities to work in coaching pairs to share peer experience
- action based learning activities to put key skills into practice