4th - 6th November 2014
Duration: 3 days
Cost: £780 (including VAT)
- This course is also available in-house, click here to find out more.
- Please contact us if you'd like to discuss your training requirements with our team, or would like more information
Emerging Managers Programme
Build up confidence and competence as a new manager
Over the last three years =mc's Emerging Managers Programme has helped almost 200 new managers or soon-to-be managers make the transition from team member to team leader. As part of this process they have been able to benefit from experiencing the latest tools and techniques to manage themselves and their team.
The programme is directly based on =mc’ research into the needs and concerns of newer managers- giving them a safe opportunity to try out new skills and approaches, with feedback and the chance for self-reflection. access the latest ideas in managing yourself and your team for outstanding results. By attending you’ll grow in confidence with a greater understanding of how to adapt your management style effectively, resolve management challenges with practical solutions and increase your chances of promotion and be ready to step up to new opportunities
Who is the programme for?
This programme is designed for individuals who have recently been promoted or who are about to be promoted and are now responsible for managing colleagues or teams. It is the ideal development opportunity for managers or potential managers that an organisation has identified for fast track.
"Belbin’s team roles and Intelligent Leadership were particularly useful. I’ll be drawing on them when I work with people on their development goals."
Gregg Hutchings, Director, Policy Partnerships, Legacy Trust UK
Outcomes for you and your organisation
After three days working in small group setting led by skilled =mc programme leaders delegates will be able to:
- understand their own management style preference – and learn to access other styles
- use enhanced communication skills to get their case across and make an impact
- manage team and individual performance using feedback management skills
- effectively and assertively address performance challenges
- set priorities within a team and monitor results
- know when and how to delegate effectively at the appropriate level of authority
- learn time management and key priority-handling techniques
This highly participative programme covers a wide range of topics with high-level trainer input. It combines:
- theory input, individual reflection and practicing key skills
- extensive opportunities to focus on real work challenges in small groups
- opportunities to work in coaching pairs to share peer experience
- building a development plan assessing strengths and weaknesses systematically