The public training dates in September have now sold out. Sorry if you missed out this time. Please email Andreia on firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join the waiting list or discuss bringing the programme in-house to your organisation.
All our public training is scheduled when enough demand is there, so please register your interest here
, and we'll let you know as soon as a new date is set.
Yes, and also face to face. It's equally suitable for both options.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, visit our Learning and Development page
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered in one full day, two half-day sessions or four bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
Project Management training designed for charities and non-profit organisations. This system is currently used by a wide range of charities, local councils, arts organisations, public sector organisations and many other non-profits.
A powerful and systematic model to plan and organise projects
Over four intensive sessions participants will discover how to scope a challenging or ‘messy’ project – one where outcomes are uncertain or there is high risk of change.
The programme involves identifying project drivers, purpose, outcomes and success criteria. You’ll also acquire a portfolio of tools to map a project including Work Breakdown Structures and Gantt charts.
This programme enables you to plan and manage projects so that results are delivered to schedule and specification. These two days provide a thorough grounding in =mc‘s practical and highly adaptable Systems Model avoiding the ‘clunky’ processes of PRINCE 2 and other frameworks. The model is specifically designed for the not-for-profit sector and is adaptable to any project – short or long-term, simple or complex.
Who is the programme for?
This programme is designed for people who are responsible for managing and planning messy projects – from an arts festival to a social change campaign.
“I love the Systems Model – it’s exactly the flexible structure I’ve been looking for to better manage my projects.”
Begay Jabang, Senior Finance Business Partner, The Brooke
“All the sessions we covered kept me engaged. I found the systems model very practical and will use it to define my future project’s outputs and outcomes.”
Faiza Ahmed, Senior Management Accountant, National Autistic Society
“The mix of practical exercises, team working and action orientated learning made the course extremely useful.”
Hajra Shaikh, Gallery Educator, Victoria and Albert Museum
“Great to have a really flexible approach to managing projects, with the support of an array of tried and tested planning tools.”
Holly Kilroy, Emerging Powers Coordinator, Crisis Action
“I liked that you broke the programme up into manageable chunks, keeping me interested in a complicated subject. The delegation task was great for putting into practice all that we’d learnt over the three days.”
Lindsey Simmonds, Project Manager, United Response
“I love the Systems Model and plan to get my team on to using it straight away. It’s so simple, but also clearly a very powerful tool that’s immensely useful at every stage of a project, from defining what it’s designed to achieve at the start to delivering them to time and budget.”
Mike Bailey, Business Analyst, Canterbury City Council
Outcomes for you and your organisation
After an interactive and practical two days led by a skilled =mc consultant you’ll be able to:
- access a systematic model: confidently plan and manage all projects, short-term activities or complex long-term processes, straightforward or ‘messy’ using the =mc Systems Model
- plan effectively: acquire reliable and flexible project planning tools that everyone can use including work breakdown structures, and Gantt charts
- scope projects: identifying challenges, plus mapping customer and stakeholder needs
- analyse risk: quantifying possible challenges in any project and assessing its likelihood and potential impact on your project
- set and measure results: ensuring you create clear outputs and outcomes using milestone reviews to keep your project on track.
This programme is invaluable to organisations desiring a shared project language that is simple to implement and powerfully effective.
This programme combines:
- theoretical approaches, individual reflection and development planning
- opportunities to focus on real work projects
- peer-to-peer coaching and active learning
- participation in a team projects to practice your new skills
Following the programme, you’ll be given access to our Project Management online resource centre, where you can download templates of the tools to use.