Welcome to your advance booking page for the Assertive Conversations public training programme.
We’ll keep this page hidden from our main website until Wednesday 7th February to give you a chance to secure a place before they are made available to the general public.
This programme is running online as a half-day workshop.
There are two dates to choose from when you book:
- 14th March (09.30-13.00 GMT)
- 26th March (09.30-13.00 GMT)
=mc uses Zoom as a virtual classroom, where the workshop will take place. The platform enables high levels of participation. To take part in =mc online learning you will need access to a computer with a working microphone, speakers (or headphones) and a webcam. You’ll need to be in a quiet space with a good internet connection.
Sorry the dates don't work for you this time.
All our public training is scheduled when enough demand is there, so please register your interest here
, and we'll let you know as soon as a new date is set.
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered over a half-day session or two bitesize sessions on separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- developing internal processes – by bringing your team together, you can adapt =mc approaches to develop your internal language and approach. Our trainers will hold facilitated discussions to gain group commitments and agreements
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, as well as our social distancing guidelines, visit our Learning and Development page
Being courageous when it matters the most
In this highly reflective workshop, participants build their confidence in having difficult and challenging conversations at work, while being assertive. Whether there’s a difficult message to deliver, feedback to give about something that has gone wrong, or because of the concern that there will be a disagreement, this workshop offers practical tools and proven techniques to take the pain and worry out of these conversations.
Who is the programme for?
We all face challenges at work, and find different things challenging. This programme is designed for all staff levels, regardless of role.
“A superb programme, delivered by a thoughtful and engaging trainer. I’ll be using the STEPUP model to prepare for difficult conversations in the future and reflecting on the many great tips taken from the session with =mc.”
Caron Bradshaw, CEO, Charity Finance Group
“I would definitely recommend this course to others. It is applicable to work and day-to-day life making it beneficial to everyone. It is a great part of a resilience toolbox – to grow confidence and better communication skills.”
Kate Smith, Wellbeing Coordinator, Solent Mind
“Thank you very much for a really insightful and useful course. It’s been so interesting and immediately helpful! I’d recommend to anyone who wants to develop their ability to have difficult, but important, conversations ”
Dominique Davis, National Director UK, Right To Play UK
“The programme offers great insight into understanding other peoples’ behaviours and also your own. Extremely useful training for anyone looking to improve their communication skills.”
– Elsie Whittle, Data Preparation Assistant, International Whaling Commission
Outcomes for you and your organisation
Throughout the workshop, we explore why emotional responses to events and people means some conversations appear difficult. Using the =mc STEP UP tool, you will learn how structure and phrase your messages.
Following a highly participative half-day workshop, participants are able to:
- understand assertiveness in conversations
- understand what makes some conversations difficult
- prepare your mindset for difficult conversations
- gain confidence to address difficult behaviours, problems or issues
- use a structured approach to choose the right words to effectively and confidently hold assertive conversations
- practice and receive feedback on your conversations
- prepare for and handle reactions and emotions from others
This workshop will ensure you tackle the conversations that matter the most to you. The structure blends theoretical knowledge of tools and techniques with:
- work on real examples throughout – these could be live or historic, what you share is up to you
- input and feedback from your peers – in a confidential setting