Discover the principles of effective consulting
Working in a small group you’ll explore the practical realities of working on a consultancy project – analysing the key challenges, contracting with customers, developing a project plan, and delivering results.
Yes, and also face to face (as soon as it is safe to do so). It's equally suitable for both options.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, as well as our social distancing guidelines, visit our Learning and Development page
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered in full days, half-day sessions or bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
Who is the programme for?
These three days are for individuals interested in a career in consultancy, and for managers who ‘trouble-shoot’ in other departments, and HR or L&D professionals who could use consultancy as a complement to existing interventions.
“CSP covered all my objectives whilst also holding my attention throughout the three days. The presentation work was really useful and I’m looking forward to putting what I’ve learnt into practice.”
Ben Jordan, Residential Services Manager, Families for Children
“Having recently worked with board and staff to create strategic and business plans the next stage is to use these to create work plans for the team. The tools we discussed and practiced using on the course will really help with this – in particular the Balanced Scorecard and the Strategy Map tools.”
Davina Goodchild, Chief Executive, LionHeart
“A well run, stimulating and challenging three days. I have already put the learning into action to review my program and to work with various units on campus to develop their plans.”
Jane Potentier, Director Corporate & Foundation Relations, University of Alberta
Outcomes for you and your organisation
Following the programme participants will be able to:
- define and manage a consultancy project – linking stakeholders and results
- ‘contract’ with a client and assign outcomes
- set key success factors and track progress
- analyse strategic context and use Boston and Ansoff Matrix to plot direction
- use a range of tools to analyse and solve consultancy challenges
- ‘sell’ yourself as a competent and confident consultant
- ensure your recommendations are implemented in a change setting
Over three challenging days you’ll enjoy:
- 1-2-1 coaching
- 360° feedback on your consultancy approach
- HBR-style case study analysis