Being courageous when it matters the most
In this highly reflective workshop, participants build their confidence in having conversations, especially the ones that they just don’t want to have. Whether they’ve been putting off delivering a difficult message, are worried about the need to give feedback about something that has gone wrong, or because they suspect there will be a disagreement, this workshop can help with practical tools and proven techniques to take the pain out of conversations.
All our public training is scheduled when enough demand is there, so please register your interest here
, and we'll let you know as soon as a new date is set.
Yes, and also face to face (as soon as it is safe to do so). It's equally suitable for both options.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, as well as our social distancing guidelines, visit our Learning and Development page
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered in one full day, two half-day sessions or four bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
Who is the programme for?
We all face challenges at work, and find different things challenging. This programme is designed for all staff levels, regardless of role.
“Thank you very much for a really insightful and useful course. It’s been so interesting and immediately helpful! I’d recommend to anyone who wants to develop their ability to have difficult, but important, conversations ”
Dominique Davis, National Director UK, Right To Play UK
“The programme offers great insight into understanding other peoples’ behaviours and also your own. Extremely useful training for anyone looking to improve their communication skills.”
– Elsie Whittle, Data Preparation Assistant, International Whaling Commission
Outcomes for you and your organisation
Throughout the workshop, we explore why emotional responses to events and people means some conversations appear difficult. Using the =mc STEP UP tool, participants will learn how to turn them into confident conversations.
Depending on the level of investment and length of workshop you need, this highly participative programme will cover some or all of the following outcomes. Participants are able to:
- understand what makes a conversation difficult
- understand our emotional responses to difficult conversations
- prepare for difficult conversations using a Facts mindset
- use a structured approach to develop confidence
- practice and receive feedback on your conversations
- understand how to use Transactional Analysis to improve results
- prepare for and handle reactions and emotions from others
This workshop will ensure you tackle the conversations that matter the most to you. The structure blends theoretical knowledge of tools and techniques with:
- work on real examples throughout
- input and feedback from your peers
Confidentiality is assured.