Welcome to your hidden booking page for the next Project Management online public programme, taking place in May 2022. This page is hidden from public view to give you the chance to secure a place before it sells out as the previous programme did.
Project Management training designed for charities and non-profit organisations. This system is currently used by a wide range of charities, local councils, arts organisations, public sector organisations and many other non-profits.
A powerful and systematic model to plan and organise projects
Over four intensive sessions participants will discover how to scope a challenging or ‘messy’ project – one where outcomes are uncertain or there is high risk of change.
The programme involves identifying project drivers, purpose, outcomes and success criteria. You’ll also acquire a portfolio of tools to map a project including Work Breakdown Structures and Gantt charts.
This programme enables you to plan and manage projects so that results are delivered to schedule and specification. These two days provide a thorough grounding in =mc‘s practical and highly adaptable Systems Model avoiding the ‘clunky’ processes of PRINCE 2 and other frameworks. The model is specifically designed for the not-for-profit sector and is adaptable to any project – short or long-term, simple or complex.
This online learning programme is split into four half-day modules delivered across 2 weeks.
You can progress through the programme to the point that suits you best, attending just the first module or all the way through to the fourth module. The more modules you book, the lower the cost of each module – think of this as a reward for committing to your learning journey.
Note that you cannot attend the later modules if you have not attended all the ones before (e.g. you cannot attend module 4 without attending 1, 2 & 3).
Book the whole course for £360+VAT (£432) or try the first module for just £120 and see what you think.
About the sessions:
Module 1 (16th May 2022, 09.30 - 13.00 GMT)
Module 2 (17th May 2022, 09.30 - 13.00 GMT)
- understand the characteristics of projects and project management frameworks
- create a rationale for your project
- set measurable results and success criteria
Module 3 (23rd May 2022, 09.30 - 13.00 GMT)
- understand the roles of project sponsor and project manager and identify the appropriate level of project governance
- identify, prioritise and manage stakeholders
- assess and respond to risk
Module 4 (24th May 2022, 09.30 - 13.00 GMT)
- work with others to scope projects effectively
- plan your project activities and use project management tools to gain control over projects
- use sequencing and Gantt charts to schedule projects accurately
- manage decision-making and influence others to engage with your project
- effectively handle project challenges
- monitor, evaluate and learn from projects
Modules 1 & 2
£220 +VAT (£110 per session
Modules 1 & 2 & 3
£300 +VAT (£100 per session)
Full Course: Modules 1 & 2 & 3 & 4
£360 +VAT (£90 per session)
uses Zoom as a virtual classroom
, where the modules will take place. The platform enables high levels of participation. To take part in =mc
online learning you will need access to a computer with a working microphone, speakers (or headphones) and a webcam. You’ll need to be in a quiet space with a good internet connection.
Sorry the date doesn't work for you this time.
All our public training is scheduled when enough demand is there, so please register your interest here
, and we'll let you know as soon as a new date is set.
If you have 5 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered full days, half-day sessions or 2-hour bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, as well as our social distancing guidelines, visit our Learning and Development page
Who is the programme for?
This programme is designed for people who are responsible for managing and planning messy projects – from an arts festival to a social change campaign.
“I love the Systems Model – it’s exactly the flexible structure I’ve been looking for to better manage my projects.”
Begay Jabang, Senior Finance Business Partner, The Brooke
“All the sessions we covered kept me engaged. I found the systems model very practical and will use it to define my future project’s outputs and outcomes.”
Faiza Ahmed, Senior Management Accountant, National Autistic Society
“The mix of practical exercises, team working and action orientated learning made the course extremely useful.”
Hajra Shaikh, Gallery Educator, Victoria and Albert Museum
“Great to have a really flexible approach to managing projects, with the support of an array of tried and tested planning tools.”
Holly Kilroy, Emerging Powers Coordinator, Crisis Action
“I liked that you broke the programme up into manageable chunks, keeping me interested in a complicated subject. The delegation task was great for putting into practice all that we’d learnt over the three days.”
Lindsey Simmonds, Project Manager, United Response
“I love the Systems Model and plan to get my team on to using it straight away. It’s so simple, but also clearly a very powerful tool that’s immensely useful at every stage of a project, from defining what it’s designed to achieve at the start to delivering them to time and budget.”
Mike Bailey, Business Analyst, Canterbury City Council
Outcomes for you and your organisation
After an interactive and practical two days led by a skilled =mc consultant you’ll be able to:
- access a systematic model: confidently plan and manage all projects, short-term activities or complex long-term processes, straightforward or ‘messy’ using the =mc Systems Model
- plan effectively: acquire reliable and flexible project planning tools that everyone can use including work breakdown structures, and Gantt charts
- scope projects: identifying challenges, plus mapping customer and stakeholder needs
- analyse risk: quantifying possible challenges in any project and assessing its likelihood and potential impact on your project
- set and measure results: ensuring you create clear outputs and outcomes using milestone reviews to keep your project on track.
This programme is invaluable to organisations desiring a shared project language that is simple to implement and powerfully effective.
This programme combines:
- theoretical approaches, individual reflection and development planning
- opportunities to focus on real work projects
- peer-to-peer coaching and active learning
- participation in a team projects to practice your new skills
Following the programme, you’ll be given access to our Project Management online resource centre, where you can download templates of the tools to use.