Time management training for charities
This course goes beyond standard time management training for charities and non-profits. It offers practical solutions for improving personal effectiveness and truly making the most of your available time.
Working in the charity, public or not-for-profit sector can feel overwhelming: everything is a priority and results have a wide-reaching impact. Many time management training courses for charities and other non-profits focus on ways to help you fit in everything that you’re presented with. This series of two half-day sessions gives you all of those tools plus the skills to prioritise your workload by working out what’s most important to you and your role. The programme also provides insights into the challenges of managing time while working with others – including reducing interruptions and dealing with dangerous ‘time thieves’.
It will leave you feeling re-energised and with a renewed sense of focus, with the tools you need to deal with the most demanding workload, and to achieve your long, medium and short-term goals with confidence.
This online learning session is split into two half-day sessions delivered across 2 weeks.
You can progress through the programme to the point that suits you best, attending both workshops, or just the first workshop. By attending both sessions, the cost of each session is lower – think of this as a reward for committing to your learning journey.
Note that you cannot attend the second session if you have not attended the first session.
Book the whole course for £180+VAT (£216) or try the first session for just £120 (+ VAT) and see what you think.
About the sessions:
Session 1 (15th January 2021, 09.30 to 13.00)
Session 2 (22 January 2021, 09.30 to 13.00 )
- diagnose your role purpose and set meaningful goals
- understand how to balance urgent and important work, and use =mc’s daily action sheets to stay focussed
- manage the people and processes that steal your time
- learn how to say no, push back and handle demands effectively and without causing offence
- deal with procrastination issues and boost your personal energy to maintain motivation
Session 1 & 2
£180 +VAT (£90 per module)
Sorry the date doesn't work for you this time.
All our public training is scheduled when enough demand is there, so please register your interest here
, and we'll let you know as soon as a new date is set.
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered in one full day, two half-day sessions or four bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- developing internal processes – by bringing your team together, you can adapt =mc approaches to develop your internal language and time management approach. Our trainers will hold facilitated discussions to gain group commitments and agreements
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, as well as our social distancing guidelines, visit our Learning and Development page
Who is the programme for?
This programme is for people who want to boost their personal effectiveness and learn to cope more effectively with the pressures of a demanding workload.
“Thank you – it was an excellent day and I’ve taken a lot from it. I love face to face training but despite this being online it was very engaging, really well run and interactive.”
Jill Hansen, Specialist Technical Quality Manager, City & Guilds – ILM
Overall programme rating:
“As a head of team I found it really useful personally and for sharing with my team. I was surprised at how well it worked remotely!”
Lucy Sandford, Head of Acquisition, Unicef UK
Overall programme rating:
“I liked the handout and the visuals and also being able to split into smaller groups so that we were able to talk and work together was really useful.”
Danielle Carter, Challenge Events and Fundraising Assistant, Dementia UK
Overall programme rating:
Outcomes for you and your organisation
By attending session 1, you will be able to:
- diagnose your own effectiveness
- set and prioritise short- and long-term goals
- balance and plan urgent and important work
- schedule tasks to achieve results
By attending session 2, you will also be able to:
- identify your personal ‘time thieves’
- be able to say ‘no’ appropriately
- deal more successfully with procrastination and challenging tasks
- boost your energy and motivation
=mc uses Zoom as a virtual classroom, where the sessions will take place. The platform enables high levels of participation. You will have access to a learning portal where you can find templates and resources to support you both during and after the programme. The programme covers a wide range of topics with high-level trainer input. You’ll enjoy:
- theory input, practical advice and examples suited to the charity, public and not-for-profit sectors
- group and individual activities to practice your new techniques
- opportunities for personal refection and action planning
- tips and hints drawn from real life examples by your =mc programme leader