Building resilience and regaining motivation during challenge and change
Maintaining the ability to think clearly and operate effectively through challenging times is a valuable skill. Part of that skill is recognising and understanding our responses to challenge. Another part is knowing how to strengthen our resilience and regain our motivation without burning out.
This programme is specifically designed to help participants improve their overall resilience during times of high challenge and rapid change. The day progresses through five core elements – healthy thinking, taking action, regaining motivation, staying connected and looking after yourself.
Yes, and also face to face (as soon as it is safe to do so). It's equally suitable for both options.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, as well as our social distancing guidelines, visit our Learning and Development page
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered in full days, half-day sessions or bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
Practical tools and approaches are introduced to help maintain focus and move forward important areas of work. Participants will also be introduced to techniques to feel more motivated, and tools to support and get the best out of themselves and others during challenging situations.
The programme will include interactive group sessions and peer coaching. In addition, much of the work is based around personal reflection and action planning. Following the programme, participants will be asked to complete an individual action plan to help them develop their resilience skills and confidence.
Who is the programme for?
Individuals who are experiencing unexpected challenges in their roles. It is suited to all role levels. We also offer a tailored version of this programme specifically for managers. In this case, managers are enabled to use the tools and approaches to support their team’s resilience and motivation.
Outcomes for you and your organisation
After an interactive day led by a skilled consultant, you will be able to:
- understand resilience and know how and when to nurture yours
- manage your work concerns and use strategies to deal with the unknown
- determine what areas of work are important and use effective daily habits to move that work forward
- nurture your motivation through long periods of flux
- identify what support you need from others and how to get it
- understand the dynamics of change and be better able to support others you work with
- manage your feelings and responses to challenging situations
The programme covers a wide range of topics with high-level trainer input. It combines:
- theory input, practical advice and examples suited to the not-for-profit sector
- opportunities to focus on real work challenges in small groups
- opportunities to work in coaching pairs to share peer experience
- self-directed learning activities to put key skills into practice