Transforming fundraising performance using planning tools and frameworks
This day for fundraisers is designed for functional heads and senior fundraisers who need strategic tools and techniques to develop a new strategy or reframe an existing one. It’s a specialised version of our popular strategic planning tools programme.
Yes, and also face to face (as soon as it is safe to do so). It's equally suitable for both options.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, as well as our social distancing guidelines, visit our Learning and Development page
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered in full days, half-day sessions or bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
By attending you’ll gain an understanding of current key thinking in strategy, from organisational competencies to blue and red ocean approaches, as well as clarification of strategic terms such as core business and emergent and intended strategy. Most important you’ll feel confident and competent to sue the major tools such as PEST, SWOT, gap Analysis, Boston, Ansoff and Porter’s 5 Forces. Armed with these tools you’ll know how to plot the environmental context for your work, how to generate strategic drivers, and how to identify a portfolio of high performing fundraising offerings.
Finally we look at tools to decide entry or exit or activities from markets- and establishing which new offerings to deliver in new markets.This day is used by charities as varied as Barnados and British Red Cross to give key managers an insight into the full portfolio of tools and how and when to use them effectively.
Who is the programme for?
This programme is for fundraising directors or managers in a fundraising functions who want to boost their grasp of key tools and concepts to improve their strategic planning.
“I will definitely base my strategic decisions on the tools I found out about on this course – or at least use them to verify my assumptions. Ansoff’s Matrix provides a nice and useful way to prioritise the dilemma of new products versus new donors.”
Antonio Costantino, Corporate Partnerships Officer, European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Outcomes for you and your organisation
Participants are able to:
- decide key directions for fundraising investment
- establish the risk and sensitivity associated with any initiative
- assess the fundraising environment through a range of analysis tools
- clarify key strategic terms and ideas like vision, mission, values and competency
- assess their fundraising portfolio and establish the relative impact of each initiative/channel
- analyse how to add value in a fundraising offering
- engage colleagues and board members in concrete strategic discussions