Building personal resources for change
The day enables participants to explore and better understand their – and other people’s – responses to change, and to use tools and approaches to deal with change proactively. They are introduced to a variety of practical techniques on how to take more control for themselves in change and how to support colleagues. We cover issues such as changing mindsets and skillsets, building personal resilience, co-coaching colleagues, developing positive ‘anchors’, and the role of Emotional Intelligence (EI) in handling change.
All our public training is scheduled when enough demand is there, so please register your interest here
, and we'll let you know as soon as a new date is set.
Yes, and also face to face. It's equally suitable for both options.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, visit our Learning and Development page
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered in full days, half-day sessions or bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
Who is the programme for?
This intensive one-day programme is for individuals who are approaching a change within their organisation or who are currently going through changes. It is also very useful for managers who are responsible for supporting others during change.
“Good structure, varied concepts and useful tools. The programme’s strong leadership focus was incredibly useful. I’d definitely recommend this course.”
Nick Greenwood, Head of Human Resources, IIED
“I have always been impressed with both the input from =mc and the impact it’s had on our business. Following the presentation workshop, for instance, we went on to win a number of major contracts.”
John Jolly, CEO, Blenheim CDP
Outcomes for you and your organisation
The day will be tailored to fit your specific needs. The outcomes will vary slightly depending on whether we are working with staff or managers, but here are some examples of what you can expect:
- understand the behaviours, attitudes and strategies to manage change effectively
- understand different types of change within a working environment
- identify what is important to them at work and analyse the impact of change on these
- identify their own triggers and reactions, and how to manage these well
- know what motivates them at work and how to tap into that motivation during periods of change
- use effective communication to support themselves and others
- know how to promote creativity within their organisation and to therefore contribute to change processes
- consider how to support people they work with during change
The day uses a range of learning approaches including:
- peer coaching
- self assessment and reflection
- small group work
- action planning