Not-for-profit, public sector and charity leadership training to enabling leaders to inspire and engage others
This course is designed to increase your awareness as a leader and provide the tools you need to inspire and engage others. The course focusses on the unique challenges to public sector, non-profit and charity leadership. It is based around the Kouzes and Posner Leadership Practices Inventory, with an emphasis on the need to build long-term sustainability and achieve results.
This online learning course runs over 3 interactive days
In addition to the sessions, you are invited to participate in an additional hour of one-to-one coaching with the programme leader.
Book the coaching session in order to:
Note that you can only access the coaching if you have attended the full course.
Full course (3 days):
- address a specific leadership challenge you're facing
- identify and improve skills learnt in the workshops that you need more help with
Full course + coaching session:
uses Zoom as a virtual classroom
, where the modules will take place. The platform enables high levels of participation. To take part in =mc
online learning you will need access to a computer with a working microphone, speakers (or headphones) and a webcam. You’ll need to be in a quiet space with a good internet connection.
Sorry the date doesn't work for you this time.
All our public training is scheduled when enough demand is there, so please register your interest here
, and we'll let you know as soon as a new date is set.
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered full days, half-day sessions or 2-hour bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, as well as our social distancing guidelines, visit our Learning and Development page
The Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI) is an evidence-based assessment tool that enables leaders to analyse and improve the effectiveness of their leadership performance. Leadership is assessed as a set of observable behaviours that, with deliberate practice, can be developed and improved.
Using the LPI analysis as a benchmark, the programme is then structured around the five Leadership Practices. These key elements provide practical tools and techniques to boost participants’ leadership approach.
Who is the programme for?
This programme is for experienced managers of teams and departments, or experts in their field who need to lead others without necessarily being a manager. It is suited to people who wish to develop their leadership skills or senior managers keen to renew their existing skill set.
=mc leadership training customers include:
Outcomes for you and your organisation
Throughout the programme you will be challenged to analyse and reflect on your leadership practices. You will be guided by a senior =mc consultant to be able to:
- identify and recognise key leadership behaviours and skills
- understand the importance of balancing management and leadership
- understand strengths and weaknesses as a strategic leader using self-analysis and feedback from your manager, peers and line reports
- think big-picture and create a strategic direction for your work
- inspire and engage others in their work
- develop a mindset for challenge and innovation, and identify areas for improvements
- build sustainability by encouraging and enabling others
- make ethical decisions when problem solving
- promote a culture of diversity and inclusion
- give and receive constructive behavioural feedback
- plan your future leadership development based on Kouzes and Posner’s Leadership Practices Inventory
This programme combines explorative sessions on leadership issues with practical activities.
- 360º feedback on participants’ leadership behaviours using the LPI model
- reflection on real-work situations including diagnostic tools to assess areas for development
- action planning to improve future effectiveness