Secure the best outcomes using psychology and practical techniques
In 1 or 2 packed and practical days you’ll discover how to work through the four distinct phases of a negotiation, how to handle challenges, and how to devise ethical win-win approaches.
The techniques in the programme will help you whether you are trying to influence and negotiate in a formal or informal situation, and upwards, downwards or sideways. It will help you think about how you can adapt your own communication style to be a more effective in your interactions. And overall it will help you to be a more confident and convincing influencer and communicator.
All our public training is scheduled when enough demand is there, so please register your interest here
, and we'll let you know as soon as a new date is set.
Yes, and also face to face. It's equally suitable for both options.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, visit our Learning and Development page
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered in full days, half-day sessions or bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
Who is the programme for?
This programme is for individuals who want to boost their ability to persuade and convince others, including those who negotiate with stakeholders or work in cross-functional or multi-agency partnership teams.
“I felt so confident and prepared after the programme that I began using the techniques immediately, and to great success. The training was fascinating, applicable to many different situations and extremely useful. It’s also had a lasting effect – I’m still referring back to aspects of it.”
Hannah Jenner, Safeguarding Officer, The Scout Association
“Negotiating and influencing are core to my role, but up till now I’ve not enjoyed either. These two days have changed that. Great course – and I’m looking forward to putting what I’ve learnt into practise.”
Laura Brown, Programme Management Coordinator, Care International UK
“An excellent course. I plan to use my new skills straight away to help me get organisational buy-in for a new membership strategy.”
Stephen Iliffe, Deputy Director, National Deaf Children’s Society
“I’m recommending this training to a colleague as soon as I get back. Brilliant techniques, well taught.”
Tanya Richardson, Head of Community Fundraising, The Children’s Trust
“The best training programme I’ve attended for a decade.”
Warren Appleby, Fundraising Volunteer Manager, British Heart Foundation
Outcomes for you and your organisation
At the end of the programme you will be able to:
- ensure a good outcome for you and your organisation
- choose an appropriate communication style to influence others
- build rapport with a wide range of individuals
- win others over to their point of view
- handle challenges from others
- present ideas effectively
- negotiate with the outcomes for all parties in mind
See also The Influential Fundraiser: a programme designed specifically for fundraisers working with donors
Learning approachesIn this enjoyable and stimulating programme you’ll enjoy:
- group and individual activities to practice your new techniques
- feedback from the programme leader and others
- case studies
- questionnaires and analysis tool to understand your psychological preferences