Embed effective project governance with confidence
Distinct from project managers who deliver projects, it’s the role of the project sponsor to ensure those projects are strategically aligned, with clear lines of accountability and active decision-making. This tailored programme – available in-house only – introduces the tools and techniques for effective project oversight. How the programme is designed depends on your needs and the needs of your organisation. For example, we can work with the senior team to embed good project governance and project portfolio management. We can help you better understand your role in project accountability and show you how you can enable great project management.
Yes, and also face to face (as soon as it is safe to do so). It's equally suitable for both options.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, as well as our social distancing guidelines, visit our Learning and Development page
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered in full days, half-day sessions or bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
Who is the programme for?
This intensive one or two day programme is for senior managers – heads of department or directors – who act as sponsors for organisational projects.
Outcomes for you and your organisation
Outcomes will vary according to the design, but you can expect that at the end of the programme participants will be able to:
- understand the role and responsibilities of a project sponsor
- identify best practice for project governance
- develop an accountability structure that is fit for purpose.
- ensure that projects are aligned with strategic objectives
- develop effective decision-making structures within a project
- embed good project management working within the organisation
This programme combines:
- individual and group activities to try out the tools
- opportunities to explore using the tools in the organisation
- case studies from both the charity and commercial sectors