Developing and delivering high-impact presentations
Having to give a formal presentation is often cited as the experience that people most fear and many will go a long way to avoid having to speak to an audience. And yet it is increasingly something that’s required as part of the job. These two intensive, challenging and hugely enjoyable days will leave participants wanting to present.
During the programme you will be introduced =mc‘s systematic methodology and practice the 10 key skills that will transform your ability to speak effectively in public. Skills such as audience engagement, use of gesture, eye contact, audio visual do’s and don’ts, and handling difficult questions. You’ll have the chance to deliver two ‘formal’, videoed presentations on a specific topic. And after each of these you will be coached 1-2-1 by an experienced =mc coach.
Yes, and also face to face (as soon as it is safe to do so). It's equally suitable for both options.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, as well as our social distancing guidelines, visit our Learning and Development page
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered in full days, half-day sessions or bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
Who is the programme for?
This programme is for individuals who have to deliver formal presentations in front of an audience and want to boost their public communications skills. It’s the programme for you if you have to have the flexibility to prepare quickly when necessary, and need to be able to deliver complex messages in a powerful way.
“I did this training around 11 years ago when I was at the NSPCC and it’s still one of the best courses I ever did – the techniques have served me well and I continue to use them.”
Hazel Russell, Head of Fundraising, PAPYRUS, Prevention of Young Suicide UK
“A very rewarding three days. It’s absolutely built my key skills and confidence and now I’m looking forward to putting all I’ve learned into practice.”
Anna Mynett, Corporate Partnerships Manager, Dementia UK
“A very engaging, practical course. I learned an incredible amount over the two days and found myself improving quickly through the practical exercises.”
Bryony Sinclair, Senior Policy & Public Affairs Manager, World Cancer Research Fund International
“Very professionally delivered course – I would definitely recommend it. In particular it was extremely valuable for me to get individual feedback on my presentation style. When I saw the video it was immediately clear what worked and what I could improve.”
Todd Page, Advisor, International HIV/AIDS Alliance
Outcomes for you and your organisation
At the end of the programme you will be able to:
- understand the secrets of rapport – whether you’re in front of an audience of 10 or 1,000 people
- use humour appropriately
- control nerves and banish negative mindsets
- prepare for presentations quickly
- design and deliver your presentation for maximum impact
- handle challenging audiences with confidence
- present complex ideas simply and effectively
- balance left and right brain information
In this enjoyable and stimulating two days you’ll experience:
- group and individual activities to practice your new techniques
- opportunities for personal refection and action planning
- gain insights from intensive 1-2-1 =mc coaching
You’ll also have a personal video to take away.