Working with groups to achieve results
Facilitation Skills will help participants to gain the confidence and skills to work effectively with groups to solve problems, make decisions, create new ideas, agree direction and plan action in a productive way.
All our public training is scheduled when enough demand is there, so please register your interest here
, and we'll let you know as soon as a new date is set.
Yes, and also face to face. It's equally suitable for both options.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, visit our Learning and Development page
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered in full days, half-day sessions or bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
In a packed day they’ll discover a variety of tools and techniques, including contracting principles, creating engagement, reading group dynamics, resolving challenges, balancing task/process, structuring sessions for maximum impact, and evaluating outcomes.
They’ll learn from an experienced =mc facilitator how to improve their personal communication and interaction skills including questioning, summarising and active listening. The programme includes hands-on practice in facilitating small group exercises, with immediate feedback from fellow participants.
Outcomes for you and your organisation
At the end of a 1-day programme participants will be able to:
- help people work productively together in meetings
- engage groups to work on tasks effectively
- use a range of approaches to organise and shape a group discussion
- handle challenge and conflict in groups
- agree ground rules to build a good process
- create clear contracts with groups and individuals
- understand the patterns that groups go through
- produce a plan for an upcoming facilitation session they need to deliver
In this enjoyable and stimulating day participants enjoy:
- time for personal reflection to assess their strengths and weaknesses
- group activities to practice their new techniques
- 360º feedback from the programme leader and others
“You’ve given me the tools – and invaluable help – to ensure I chair enjoyable and productive meetings in the future.”
Gemma Jones, Memory Walk Officer, Alzheimer’s Society
“The course was really useful and if I do even half as good a job as the trainer did on the day when I facilitate my working group, then I will be happy!”
Ross Matthews, Workforce Strategy Learning and Development Coordinator, Macmillan