Developing your teams for greater results
This training is specially designed to boost management performance for those stepping up to leadership. It provides insight into leadership, and how to motivate and empower teams. There is a particular focus on being an inclusive manager.
Yes, and also face to face (as soon as it is safe to do so). It's equally suitable for both options.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, as well as our social distancing guidelines, visit our Learning and Development page
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered in full days, half-day sessions or bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
At the core of the programme is a combination of contemporary leadership thinking and practical tools. Over two busy days participants work through a series of models and frameworks to develop emotional intelligence and analyse management style preferences. In addition, there is an emphasis on using effective coaching to engage others and retain high performers. Ultimately, these skills enable participants to develop teams and individuals to higher levels of performance.
The programme also explores ways to navigate organisational change.
Who is the programme for?
This programme is for experienced managers who want to take their management practice to the next level. It is suited to managers looking for a way to extend and develop their skills and confidence.
For those interested in developing leadership skills in more depth, see the Transformational Leadership programme.
Or for a more strategic approach, see the Strategic Leadership programme.
Outcomes for you and your organisation
You will work in small groups, led by an experienced =mc consultant. The exact programme content will be designed with you and your organisation in mind. At the end of a typical two day programme, you will be able to:
- understand the difference between leadership and management – and when to use each
- use emotional intelligence and situational leadership to provide more effective direction and support
- create a culture of high performance and keep high performers engaged
- create a purpose for your team to ensure alignment and commitment
- understand the stages of team development, and how they impact performance
- develop high-performing teams through effective coaching
- manage and support others through change
This highly focussed programme uses a range of approaches to explore various leadership theories and their effect in practice. It includes:
- management style analysis – a 360° model developed by =mc specifically for non-profit managers
- small group activities and discussions
- mini-projects and feedback on performance