Making strategic choices to take the organisation forward
This programme enables participants to identify different approaches to their strategic challenges and also to plan for long term results and impact. It focuses on three core impact areas – Values-Driven Leadership, Strategy and Change, and makes continual links between these three.
All our public training is scheduled when enough demand is there, so please register your interest here
, and we'll let you know as soon as a new date is set.
Yes, and also face to face. It's equally suitable for both options.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, visit our Learning and Development page
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered in full days, half-day sessions or bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
The Values-Driven Leadership module helps participants to reflect on their personal approach to leadership. Through a 360° assessment using Kouzes and Posner’s Leadership Practices (LPI) model, participants will identify what their organisation needs from them now and in the future both individually and as a team of ethical leaders.
The Strategy module introduces key tools to enable participants to determine a clear strategic direction and answer key questions about what their organisations should be doing, and not doing.
The Change module empowers participants to plan, lead and communicate change effectively.
Who is the programme for?
This programme is designed for leaders who develop strategies and lead change programmes at an organisation or team level. For participants who are new to senior roles it will help them work at a strategic rather than operational level. For experienced senior staff it provides tools and approaches to reflect on their own practice and to develop their performance and impact.
For those interested in developing their individual leadership skills in more depth, see the Transformational Leadership programme.
“Good structure, varied concepts and useful tools. The programme’s strong leadership focus was incredibly useful. I’d definitely recommend this course.”
Graham Ritzhie, Head of Policy and Advocacy, WSPA
“An excellent combination of theory, discussion and practical exercises. The trainer used her own experience to great effect, and was very engaging.”
Noreen Lockhart, Head of Corporate Planning, CAFOD
“I really enjoyed the course as it had a good balance of tasks, reflection and theory. The trainer kept the sessions well paced and was clearly knowledgeable and enthusiastic.”
Zoe Smith, Marketing Project Manager, Macmillan
Outcomes for you and your organisation
This programme is particularly suited to working with senior leadership teams. Our senior =mc consultants take a facilitative approach to enable you to:
- become high-achieving leaders, acting decisively and effectively
- focus on values and ethics in leadership
- understand how to consistently act strategically rather than operationally
- make strategic decisions in complicated environments
- adapt their leadership style to the needs of their organisation and teams
- know how to create an empowering culture
- use cutting-edge strategic tools to create a successful impact
- lead change within your team and organisation
- tackle both transformational and incremental change
- communicate messages to make an impact
This workshop style programme can be delivered as a two-day programme, or as a series of short workshops. The structure allows for:
- work on real-work situations, practicing using strategic tools
- group discussion with an emphasis on individual and peer feedback