Coaching is an excellent way to support other people’s development, create a culture of ownership and build trust. This programme – now used widely across the charity sector – is designed to help participants unlock the ability and potential of team members or peers.
In a deeply practical one-day programme we draw on =mc’s extensive experience of coaching individuals in person and remotely. Participants learn to use a number of frameworks and tools to develop a coaching relationship with colleagues and guide them to higher performance. They will learn how to use the well-proven GROW model to empower others and encourage self-reliant, confident teams.
All our public training is scheduled when enough demand is there, so please register your interest here
, and we'll let you know as soon as a new date is set.
Yes, and also face to face. It's equally suitable for both options.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, visit our Learning and Development page
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered in full days, half-day sessions or bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
Who is the programme for?
This programme is designed for managers who are responsible for others’ work or development. It is particularly helpful when working with hybrid or remote teams. It is also useful for HR professionals keen to improve their skills and share these with managers in their organisation.
“It was great to have the chance to have a go at using the skills as we learnt them. I’ve created an action plan to follow that I’ll be using with my team.”
Adam Buckles, Legacy Manager, The Brooke
Outcomes for you and your organisation
At the end of the programme working in small group setting led by a skilled =mc consultant you will be able to:
- know when to use coaching
- use active listening to understand others
- use insightful questioning skills and reflective practice to support others to think
- grow more productive, confident and self-reliant staff
- empower team members to identify their own goals and actions
- build and maintain more positive, constructive working relationships
- retain high performers by giving them responsibility for and ownership of success
- identify opportunities to use instant coaching, coaching for problem solving and coaching for development
In a safe environment you will have the opportunity to develop your personal coaching style through pair and group work. Learning approaches include:
- practise coaching with the GROW model
- practise using questions that help others solve difficult problems
- self and peer feedback though pair work and group discussion
- action planning to improve coaching skills