The essential management toolkit for new managers
Over 20 years, =mc‘s Emerging Managers Programme has helped more than 2,000 new or soon-to-be managers make the transition from team member to team leader. The learning – using the latest tools and techniques to manage themselves and their team – is based on =mc’s research into the needs and concerns of emerging managers. It’s designed to give participants a safe opportunity to try out new skills and approaches, while also providing them with detailed feedback and the opportunity for self-reflection.
Really sorry but the latest dates have now sold out. Please register your interest here
and as soon as we've set future dates we'll be in touch. You'll have access to booking before the dates are released to the public - guaranteeing you a place.
Yes, and also face to face (as soon as it is safe to do so). It's equally suitable for both options.
For more information on the differences between online and face to face training, as well as our social distancing guidelines, visit our Learning and Development page
If you have 6 or more people to train it's worth getting in touch to discuss in-house options.
- your choice of structure – as well as choosing dates to suit you, you can also decide whether to have the content delivered in full days, half-day sessions or bitesize sessions over separate days.
- tailoring options – if you're looking to focus on particular elements of the programme, we can look into this.
- self-directed learning – this enables participants to set learning goals, acquire knowledge and skills, set their own actions and evaluate themselves using a customised web portal which we'll build for you.
In order to make sure your in-house training needs are met, the best way to start this process is with a conversation (for free of course). Contact us online
or call 020 7978 1516
to speak to one of our experienced consultants.
During the programme we focus on the manager’s responsibilities to achieve results and to support others to excel. Those taking part have the opportunity to take part in live exercises and receive feedback from fellow participants, enabling them to grow in confidence and build core skills.
Who is the programme for?
This programme is designed for individuals who have recently been promoted or who are about to be promoted and are now responsible for managing colleagues or teams. It is also for managers who have been in post for a few years without any management training. It is the ideal development opportunity for managers or potential managers that an organisation has identified for fast track.
(For experienced managers needing to adapt to new ways of working, we recommend our Managing at a Distance programme instead.)
“Every part of the programme was useful. It flowed from one subject to another seamlessly and logically. The delivery was impressive too, thanks to =mc’s personable and professional trainers.”
Deborah White, Housing Director, West Kent Housing Association
“I would definitely recommend this course – it is essential for (new) managers! The practical tools I learnt will be instantly useful in my role.”
Sarah Clifton, Senior Fundraiser, WSPA
“I’ve gained confidence from this training. The tools are very empowering and make me feel more able to progress.”
Danny Scott, Digital Marketing Manager, Scottish Book Trust
“Since the course I find I delegate more strategically. I think about the longer term impact of what I’m asking a colleague to take on.”
Matt Guy, Corporate Partnership Manager, Alzheimer’s Society
Outcomes for you and your organisation
After completing the programme, led by a skilled =mc consultant, you will be able to:
- understand your own management styles – and learn to adopt a flexible approach
- know when to direct, when to advise, when to coach and when to step back
- manage individual and team performance with effective behavioural feedback
- promote high performance and support others’ learning and development
- address poor performance quickly and effectively with greater confidence
- know when and how to delegate effectively at the appropriate level of authority
This is a highly interactive and practical programme. The programme covers a wide range of topics with high-level trainer input. It combines:
- theory input, practical advice and examples suited to the not-for-profit sector
- opportunities to focus on real work challenges in small groups
- opportunities to work in coaching pairs to share peer experience
- self-directed learning activities to put key skills into practice
Contact us online or call 020 7978 1516 to find out more about this programme.